The shifting paradigm in medical management of melanoma | 32 mins 1
This video was recorded at the 2022 Sydney Nurse Melanoma Symposium, organised by Melanoma Institute Australia.PRESENTER
In this presentation, Medical Oncology Fellow Dr Piyush Grover discusses the ‘Ten Commandments’ of melanoma medical oncology in 2022:
1. More than 50% of patients with metastatic melanoma now “cured”.
2. Immunotherapy has been a game changer.
3. Targeted therapy in patients with BRAF mutant melanoma.
4. Staging is critical.
5. Understanding neoadjuvant and adjuvant approach.
6. Adjuvant drug therapy is approved for stage II and III melanoma.
7. Neoadjuvant approach may become a standard of care in stage III melanoma.
8. Immunotherapy toxicity is important to recognise.
9. Melanoma multidisciplinary management improves patient care.
10. Nurses can empower melanoma patients.
Dr Piyush Grover
Medical Oncology Fellow, Melanoma Institute Australia
MIA’s Education Program is proudly supported through unrestricted educational grants from: