Melanoma 101: From detection to survivorship | 55 min 1
Our understanding and treatment of melanoma has rapidly evolved in the last decade, and it is important for nurses to be across these latest developments.SPEAKERS
During this webinar, our expert CNCs will provide an overview of our latest understanding of melanoma, including detection, early and late-stage disease management (including the latest research on emerging treatments) and caring for your patient through the survivorship phase.
• What is melanoma?
• How to identify melanoma?
• Who is at risk?
• Early-stage disease management
o Risk calculators
o Current research: Neoadjuvant studies
• What does advanced disease look like?
• Advanced disease management
o Importance of patient education
o Support services
o Current research: eProms and survivorship studies
This recorded webinar was hosted by Cancer Nurses Society of Australia in collaboration with Melanoma Institute Australia.
Surgical Clinical Nurse Consultant, Melanoma Institute Australia
Declaration of Interest
Medical Oncology Clinical Nurse Consultant, Melanoma Institute Australia
Declaration of Interest
Melanoma Education Portal
• A/Prof. Alex Menzies’s presentation on Neoadjuvant treatment landscape in melanoma: Implications for primary care
• Free patient guides to download or order in print in bulk for your clinic
• Melanoma Support Services Directory
• NSW Hospital Psycho-oncology Services Directory
• MIA’s Risk Calculators are useful clinical tools
Melanoma Institute Australia
• MIA’s website with lots of information and resources for patients, links to clinical trials and more.
Melanoma Patient Australia
• MPA provide a specialist melanoma telehealth nurse service to support patients in navigating the health system, access services and help guide decisions.
• They also run a number of free support groups for patients, carers and families.
Please note that the content was accurate at time of publishing (February 2022) but may not reflect the rapidly evolving treatment landscape and approvals in Australia.
[miniorange_social_login shape="longbuttonwithtext" theme="default" space="4" width="240" height="40"]
Login with your site account
Register a new accountMelanoma Institute Australia uses website cookies to improve your browsing experience when using our website. ACCEPTREJECT