Sun protection: Facts and controversies | 9 min
Sun protection: Facts and controversies | OverviewNearly 90% of melanoma is caused by the sun, so it is important to have a conversation with your patients about the importance of sun protection. Dermatologist A/Prof Pascale Guitera demystifies some of the common queries about sun protection from patients, such as:
• What is the best sunscreen?
• What is SPF?
• Is expensive sunscreen really better?
• What if I’m allergic to sunscreen?
• Can babies wear sunscreen?
• Are nanoparticles dangerous?
• Does sunscreen decrease vitamin D levels?
A/Prof Pascale Guitera
Dermatologist, Melanoma Institute Australia | Director, Sydney Melanoma Diagnostic Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital