The busy GP: How to include skin checks in general practice | RACGP and ACRRM ACCREDITED | 1 hr
This practical interactive learning module will provide GPs with time-efficient strategies to conduct skin checks for individuals at highest risk and optimise patient health benefits for the consultation time investment. It will help GPs maximise opportunities within the current healthcare system, create practice-based improvements to clinical protocols to optimise identification of high-risk individuals, and explore the use of additional resources to help with ongoing monitoring of skin health more efficiently.
This learning module is suitable for GPs, Nurses and Practice Managers.
A Statement of Completion will be provided at the end of this module for your CPD records.
Skin Cancer GP, Melanoma Institute Australia and The Chatswood Skin Cancer Clinic
Declaration of Interest
Dr Charles Ayesa
Skin Cancer GP, SkinSense Skin Cancer Clinic and Alpha Medical Centre Skin Cancer
Dr Claire Noonan
General Practitioner, 76 Prince Medical
- Promote a holistic management approach to skin cancer checks, in the context of each patient’s overall health.
- Identify and overcome barriers to skin cancer checks in general practice.
- Establish a defined routine and procedure to efficiently check skin.
- Create practice-based improvements to clinical protocols to optimise identification of high-risk individuals
- Explore the use of available resources, such as practice nurses, GP colleagues and other specialists, to help with ongoing monitoring of skin health more efficiently.
This activity (580431) is allocated 1 EA CPD hour in the RACGP 2023-25 CPD Program. This activity (28678) has been accredited in the 2023 – 2025 ACRRM PD Program for 1 Educational Activity Hour.
MIA’s Education Program is proudly supported through unrestricted educational grants from:
The busy GP: How to include skin checks in general practiceGood course Highly recommended
How to include skin checks in general practiceGood practical ways to include checks most efficiently for the benefit of our patients
Practical and engagingWell thought-out module with great practical tips