MIA Nurse Webinar: Wound management in melanoma | 40 min
Appropriate management of acute wounds following skin cancer surgery is important to reduce pain, promote optimal healing and reduce scarring.
In this recorded webinar from our MIA Nurse Webinar Series, CNC Shahn Coburn discusses:
- Understanding the basic principles of wound healing
- Managing wounds specific to surgical management of melanoma including:
- Primary closure
- Skin grafts
- Complete lymph node dissection wounds
- Management of fungating tumours
- Understanding scar management
This webinar is suitable for Nurses, Skin Cancer GPs, General GPs and other healthcare professionals.
For more information about postoperative care following melanoma surgery, we encourage you to view this presentation.
Surgical Clinical Nurse Consultant, Melanoma Institute Australia
Declaration of Interest